Active things to do around Hathersage
- Walking – there is an extensive network of public footpaths in and around the local area. There are walks up and around all the edges, Stanage and Millstone. There is an ordinance survey map and several walking books to give you ideas on where you might like to walk.
- Cycling – there are cycle hire shops in Hope and Ladybower. There are several cycling trails, Derwent Reservoirs, High Peak Trail, Monsal Trail, and Tissington Trail. All of which enable you to explore the local countryside at your own pace.
- Climbing – the edges around Hathersage provide some of the best-known rock climbing in Britain. Stanage Edge now has over a thousand recognised routes for rock climbers.
- Hang-gliding also takes place from the end of Stanage.
- Mountain biking – is a popular activity in the local hills.
- Swimming in the local outdoor heated swimming pool.
If all the above activities are too exhausting you can just have a leisurely drive around the villages and local attractions of the area.
A rocky scene near Hathersage
Rock climbing at Hathersage